Ranging from hikes to yoga, there are options for everyone looking to start 2017 off on the right foot! Here are 10 excellent ways to get your fitness in on Sunday, January 1st.
First Day Hikes
Enjoy the beautiful winter sights with a First Day Hike, taking place at Nantasket Beach, Carson Beach, the Blue Hills Reservation, Walden Pond, and more.
- Free, various times and locations, mass.gov.
New Year’s Day Run: For a great start to 2017, join True Runner for a five-mile morning run.
- Free, 9:30 a.m. True Runner, 220 Boylston St., Chestnut Hill, eventbrite.com.
Commitment Day 5K:
Start your resolutions with a bang and join Life Time Athletic for a New Year’s Day 5K, in either Framingham or Westwood.
- $30, 10 a.m. Life Time Athletic, 44 Harvard St., Westwood, and 490 Old Connecticut Path, Framingham, commitmentday.com.
Winter Warrior Challenge Kickoff: D
uring the Winter Warrior Challenge, participants must run or walk outside every day in January. Begin with a Hangover Run, complete with mimosas, coffee, and cocoa!
- Free, 12 p.m. Marathon Sports, 671 Boylston St., Boston, eventbrite.com.
New Year, New You Yoga Sculpt:
Studio U is starting 2017 with a yoga sculpt class at its Newton location. Expect light weights and plyometrics in addition to yoga.
- $20, 12 p.m. Studio U, 26 Ossipee Road, Newton, studiouboston.com.
Ring in the new year with a two-hour all-levels class at Asana Charlestown. You’ll leave feeling refreshed and renewed.
- $35, 1 p.m. Asana Charlestown, 20 City Square, Charlestown, asanacharlestown.com.
New Year’s Day Mala:
This moving meditation will clear your mind and keep your body strong for the new year.
- $45, 1 p.m. Akasha Studio, 20R Birch St., Roslindale, akashastudiojp.com.
Open Your Hips, Open Your Heart:
Open your body and mind with this Down Under School of Yoga class, which focuses on the hips, shoulders, and upper spine.
- $30, 1:30 p.m. Down Under School of Yoga, 1054 Beacon St., downunderyoga.com.
Flowing with Intention:
Strengthen your resolutions at this Sadhana Yoga workshop. Writing prompts, gentle flow, and meditation will help you greet 2017 with intention.
- $30, 2 p.m. Sadhana Yoga, 15 Worcester St., Boston, sadhanaboston.com.
New Year’s Day Intention Flow:
A 90-minute vinyasa flow at Coolidge Corner Yoga focused on finding clarity and balance as you enter the new year.
- $16, 2 p.m. Coolidge Corner Yoga, 1297 Beacon St., Brookline, coolidgeyoga.com.